Do you dream of studying in Europe? If you’re an international student, particularly from a developing country, you may consider studying in Ukraine. Aside from being one of the largest and most populated countries in Europe, Ukraine is renowned for its quality and affordable higher education system. In this blog post, we’re going to delve into five fully funded scholarships that are exclusively available to students in Ukraine.
DAAD Scholarships for Development-Related Postgraduate Studies
The Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst, more commonly known as DAAD, is an esteemed German organization that provides scholarships for international students worldwide. For those targeting postgraduate studies that revolve around development, DAAD has designed fully funded scholarships specifically for students in Ukraine.
- Be a citizen of a developing country (including Ukraine).
- Hold a university degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
- Have at least two years of professional experience in a development-related field.
- Be fluent in English (minimum score of 6.0 on IELTS or equivalent).
- Not hold German citizenship or permanent residency.
- Be committed to returning to your home country after completing your studies.
- Full tuition fees covered by DAAD.
- Monthly living allowance of €861 for graduates or €1,200 for doctoral candidates.
- Payments towards health, accident, and personal liability insurance.
- Travel allowance (unless covered by your home country or another source).
- Scholarship duration: 12 to 24 months for Master’s and 42 months for PhD.
It doesn’t stop there; it also provides a monthly stipend that can help students manage their day-to-day living expenses. This all-inclusive nature of the DAAD scholarships makes it a highly attractive opportunity for those dreaming of furthering their academic journey in Ukraine.
Read Also: Fully Funded Turkmenistan Scholarships
The Holland Scholarship for Ukrainian Students
The Holland Scholarship serves as an excellent opportunity for Ukrainian students seeking to study in the Netherlands. This scholarship is a bilateral initiative by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science, and participating Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences. The scholarship targets international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who wish to pursue a bachelor’s or master’s degree at one of these institutions.
- Be a citizen of Ukraine.
- Have been admitted to a full-time Master’s degree program at a participating university in the Netherlands.
- Not hold a Dutch residence permit for more than one year prior to the application deadline.
- Not be eligible for Dutch student grants or loans.
- €5,000 tuition fee waiver for the entire Master’s program.
- Open to all academic fields and disciplines.
- Check eligibility: Ensure you meet all the eligibility criteria mentioned above.
- Apply to a university: Apply for your desired Master’s program at a participating Dutch university.
- Submit the scholarship application: Once admitted to a program, submit your scholarship application through the online portal of the university you applied to. Each university has its own application deadline and procedures, so check with them directly.
The Holland Scholarship presents Ukrainian students with an opportunity to broaden their horizons, acquire an international perspective, and gain high-quality education at some of the best higher education institutions in the Netherlands. It opens doors to a world of opportunities and allows students to experience a new culture, enhancing their personal and academic development. It is a valuable stepping stone for those with the ambition to succeed in their chosen fields.
The Ukrainian Catholic University Scholarships
The Ukrainian Catholic University, renowned for its diverse curriculum, extends fully funded scholarships to academically outstanding students who also demonstrate a financial need. With an expansive course offering in humanities, social sciences, and theology, the university promotes a breadth of learning experiences, providing students the opportunity to explore various disciplines.
Eligibility for UCU Scholarships:
- To be eligible for a UCU scholarship, you must be admitted to a program at UCU.
- You must also meet the specific eligibility criteria for the scholarship you are interested in.
How to Apply for UCU Scholarships:
- You can apply for UCU scholarships online through the UCU website.
- The application deadlines vary depending on the scholarship.
The Ukrainian Catholic University Scholarships offer much more than financial support; they offer a chance to learn in a supportive and enriching environment, where financial constraints do not hinder the pursuit of academic excellence. They make it possible for deserving students to access world-class education in one of Europe’s most vibrant countries, regardless of their financial circumstances. Hence, this scholarship serves as a catalyst, enabling students to unlock their full potential and achieve their academic goals.
Poltava University of Economics and Trade Scholarships
For those with a keen interest in economics and trade, the Poltava University of Economics and Trade in Ukraine extends a lucrative scholarship opportunity. These scholarships are tailor-made for international students who aspire to further their studies in this specific field.
Types of Scholarships:
- Merit-based Scholarships: Awarded to students with outstanding academic achievements. These scholarships typically cover a portion of the tuition fees.
- Need-based Scholarships: Awarded to students with demonstrated financial need. These scholarships may cover tuition fees, living expenses, or both.
- Achievement Scholarships: Awarded to students who have achieved excellence in specific areas, such as athletics or community service. These scholarships may cover tuition fees, living expenses, or both.
- Foreign Student Scholarships: Specifically designed for international students. These scholarships typically cover tuition fees and living expenses.
- Other Scholarships: A number of other scholarships are available, funded by various organizations and foundations. These scholarships may have specific eligibility criteria.
How to Apply:
The application process for PUET scholarships varies depending on the type of scholarship you are applying for. However, you can generally find information about the application process and deadlines on the PUET website: https://international.puet.edu.ua/: https://international.puet.edu.ua/
By providing this comprehensive financial assistance, the Poltava University of Economics and Trade scholarships ensure students can focus on what truly matters – their academic growth and personal development in the field of economics and trade.
How do you get a 100% scholarship?
Securing a 100% scholarship is competitive but achievable with strategic planning:
- Research Extensively: Identify scholarship programs that cover full tuition, living expenses, and other costs.
- Academic Excellence: Maintain a high GPA throughout your academic career.
- Extracurricular Activities: Demonstrate leadership skills and involvement in community service.
- Impressive Personal Statement: Craft a compelling personal statement outlining your goals and why you deserve the scholarship.
- Letters of Recommendation: Obtain strong letters of recommendation from teachers or mentors who can attest to your academic and personal qualities.
Which country is easiest to get a full scholarship?
The ease of obtaining a full scholarship varies and depends on factors like program availability, eligibility criteria, and competition. Countries with robust education systems and scholarship programs, such as Germany, Norway, and Canada, are often considered more accessible. However, individual circumstances and qualifications play a significant role in the application process.
What is the acceptance rate for Ukraine Global Scholars?
The Ukraine Global Scholars program has a fairly high acceptance rate. According to their website, the program has an acceptance rate of around 70%, which means that 7 out of every 10 applicants are accepted. This is a much higher rate than some other scholarship programs, which often have acceptance rates of around 20-30%. The high acceptance rate is likely due to the fact that the Ukraine Global Scholars program is open to students from all over the world, and does not have any specific requirements other than being a student. This makes the program very accessible to a wide range of students.
Which university is free for Ukrainian students in the USA?
While education in the USA is generally not free, some universities may offer scholarships or financial aid to international students, including Ukrainians. It is advisable to check with individual universities for specific scholarship programs or financial assistance options. Additionally, Ukrainian students can explore external scholarship opportunities provided by governments, organizations, or international foundations.
Can Ukrainians get a visa to the USA?
Yes, Ukrainians are eligible to apply for various types of visas to the USA, including student visas (F visas) for those intending to pursue education in the country. The specific visa type will depend on the purpose of the visit. Applicants must follow the visa application process, provide necessary documentation, and attend a visa interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Ukraine.
Each of these scholarships has unique attributes that cater to a range of academic interests and backgrounds, from development-related postgraduate studies, linguistics, to economics and trade. They provide invaluable opportunities for ambitious students to gain quality education in Ukraine and other European countries. It’s important to note that these scholarships are not just about financial aid; they are about fostering an environment that encourages academic excellence, personal growth, and cultural exchange.
Remember, securing a scholarship is a competitive process. As such, prospective students need to prepare thoroughly, meeting all eligibility criteria and putting their best foot forward in the application process. It’s also crucial to be proactive and seek additional funding sources if necessary.