To promote knowledge and innovation, the Botswana government offers fully funded scholarships to deserving students. The Botswana International University of Science and Technology, one of the country’s top universities, offers over 30 fully-funded scholarships each year for postgraduate students.
The scholarships cover tuition, accommodation, and a monthly stipend. Other scholarships are available through the Botswana-France Bilateral Scholarships Program and the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan. If you’re interested in studying in Botswana, these fully funded scholarships could be a great way to achieve your educational goals.
In this blog post, we will explore the various fully funded scholarships available in Botswana and how you can apply for them.
DAAD Bilateral Exchange of Academics
Founded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), this scholarship is not discipline-specific. It welcomes all ambitious scholars from Botswana who are committed to exploring their chosen field in a different academic environment. A key aspect of this program is its dedication to promoting international research collaborations and facilitating the exchange of knowledge and skills.
Who can apply?
- University teachers and experienced academics and scientists
- Holding a doctorate (Ph.D.) is usually required
- Working at a university or research institute in your home country
- Possessing good academic achievements and publications (documented in CV and list of publications)
- Having a compelling and well-planned research project
What can be funded?
- Research stays at state or state-recognized universities or non-university research institutes in Germany
- The program does not fund lecture tours or visits to conferences.
- Minimum: 14 days (for stays from applicants from EU countries as well as from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Ukraine)
- Maximum: 3 months
Successful applicants of the DAAD Bililateral Exchange of Academics will not only receive a monthly stipend to cover their living expenses but also travel assistance and health insurance coverage. This is truly a fully funded opportunity that alleviates the financial burdens associated with studying abroad.
Marc Sanders Foundation Scholarship Programs
The Marc Sanders Foundation Scholarship Programs open a world of opportunities for aspiring philosophers from Botswana. With a focus on philosophy, metaphysics, and ethics, these scholarships are designed to stoke your intellectual curiosity, encouraging you to delve into philosophy’s uncharted territories. The Sanders Foundation believes in nurturing philosophical
- Open to scholars within 15 years of receiving their Ph.D. or students enrolled in graduate programs.
- Independent scholars are also eligible.
- Two categories exist: Philosophy of Mind, Religion, Metaethics, Metaphysics, and Literary Ethics.
- Applications are accepted every two years during a specific window, typically announced on the Foundation’s website.
- Prepare a 5,000-word manuscript based on your original research in your chosen category.
- Submit your manuscript electronically along with a CV and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and the significance of your work.
- More detailed instructions and submission guidelines are available on the Foundation’s website: https://marcsandersfoundation.org/
But this is not just about theory. The Sanders Foundation is keen to help you transform your passion for philosophy into tangible research. The scholarship provides ample resources for thorough study and in-depth research, allowing you to push the boundaries of philosophical inquiry.
Read Also: Fully Funded Belgium Scholarships
University Of Wurzburg Scholarship Programs
Established in 1402, the University of Wurzburg stands as one of the oldest and most prestigious institutions in Germany. Its rich history and commitment to academic excellence make it a highly sought-after destination for international students, and it doesn’t shy away from welcoming talented Botswanian scholars.
- Open to all Bachelor’s, Master’s, and state examination students enrolled at the University of Würzburg at the time of application and during your stay abroad (except short-term or exchange students).
- No nationality restrictions – both international and German students can apply.
- Good academic standing with at least average grades is generally expected.
- A clear and well-defined research or study plan for your stay abroad is crucial.
- Applications are typically open from February/March and must be submitted online through the University of Würzburg scholarship portal: https://www.uni-wuerzburg.de/en/international/studieren-im-ausland/erasmus-studium/
- Required documents include:
- Application form
- Transcript of records
- Letter of motivation explaining your study abroad goals and reasons for choosing the PROMOS program
- Letter of recommendation from a university professor
- Detailed research or study plan for your stay abroad
- Proof of English language proficiency (if your stay abroad involves a non-English speaking country)
- The program offers partial scholarships that cover a portion of your travel and living expenses during your stay abroad. The exact amount awarded depends on your destination and the overall budget available.
- Travel expenses might not be fully covered, depending on the budget.
So, if you’re ready to take your scientific ambitions to new heights, consider applying for the University of Wurzburg Scholarship Program. Embrace this chance to be part of a legacy of scientific discovery and innovation at one of Germany’s oldest institutions. After all, the future of science could very well be in your hands!
Education Future International Scholarship
This scholarship embraces the visionaries, the dreamers, the game-changers who hail from developing countries and aspire to learn from the world. The Education Future International Scholarship is not confined to a specific academic field or country.
- Open to Indian students pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees at top non-US universities globally.
- Minimum score of 60% in 10th and 12th grades.
- Demonstrated lack of sufficient self-funding and reliance on education loans for at least 50% of study expenses.
- Strong academic record and achievements.
- Clear motivation to study abroad and career aspirations aligned with chosen field.
- Submit an online application form through the website: https://application.education-future.org/: https://application.education-future.org/
- Deadlines vary and depend on the current fall application intake, so contact the program for specific dates.
- Required documents might include:
- Academic transcripts
- Letter of motivation
- Recommendation letters
- Proof of financial need
- Proof of English language proficiency (if necessary)
The Education Future International Scholarship does more than just fund your education; it invests in your future, it believes in your vision, and it encourages you to make your mark on the world.
What is a fully funded scholarship to study in Botswana?
A fully funded scholarship to study in Botswana covers all or most of your academic and living expenses while you pursue a degree there. This can include tuition fees, accommodation, a living stipend, and sometimes even airfare. These scholarships are often awarded based on academic merit, financial need, or a specific field of study.
Does the University of Botswana offer scholarships?
Yes, the University of Botswana offers several scholarships for international and local students. These include:
- Government of Botswana Scholarships: These are awarded to academically outstanding students from Botswana and other SADC countries.
- Vice-Chancellor’s Excellence Scholarships: These are awarded to exceptional international students with strong academic records.
- Faculty-specific scholarships: Some faculties offer their own scholarships for specific programs or research areas.
You can find more information about the University of Botswana scholarships on their website: https://www.ub.bw/connect/ub-foundation-scholarships
How do you get a 100% scholarship?
There is no guaranteed way to get a 100% scholarship, but there are several things you can do to increase your chances:
- Excel academically: Maintain a high GPA and demonstrate strong academic potential.
- Demonstrate financial need: Show that you cannot afford to study without a scholarship.
- Focus on a specific field of study: Some scholarships are available for students in specific fields, such as science, technology, or engineering.
- Apply for multiple scholarships: Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Apply for as many scholarships as you are eligible for.
- Write strong application essays: Highlight your academic achievements, personal qualities, and career goals in your application essays.
- Get good letters of recommendation: Ask professors or other mentors who know you well to write you letters of recommendation.
Which country gives full scholarships?
Many countries offer fully funded scholarships to international students. Some of the most popular countries include:
- Germany: The DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) offers a variety of scholarships for international students, including full scholarships for postgraduate studies.
- Norway: The Norwegian government offers scholarships for international students to pursue master’s degrees at Norwegian universities.
- Sweden: The Swedish Institute offers scholarships for international students to pursue various degrees at Swedish universities.
- Netherlands: The Dutch government offers scholarships for international students to pursue various degrees at Dutch universities.
- United States: The Fulbright Program offers scholarships for international students to pursue postgraduate studies at American universities.
This is not an exhaustive list, and there are many other countries that offer scholarships to international students. You can research scholarships in specific countries by visiting the websites of their government education ministries or scholarship agencies.
What is the easiest fully funded scholarship?
Generally speaking, the easiest fully funded scholarship to obtain is the Fulbright Scholarship. The Fulbright Program is sponsored by the US government and offers scholarships for students from over 160 countries to study in the US. To be eligible, applicants must have a strong academic record and be proficient in English.
There’s no doubt that applying for a scholarship can be a challenging process, but the rewards that come with a fully funded education are certainly worth the effort. These scholarships provide a pathway for Botswana students to venture into new territories, broaden their horizons, and contribute to their chosen fields on a global scale.
As you embark on your scholarship journey, remember that it’s not just about securing funding for your education; it’s about finding the right opportunity that resonates with your ambitions and fuels your desire to learn and grow. So, dare to dream big, persevere through the challenges, and seize these golden opportunities to turn your dreams into reality. The journey towards an enriching international education starts here, and the future is certainly bright for Botswana scholars.