Many students across the globe dream of studying in India, drawn by its rich history, vibrant culture, and renowned educational institutions. However, the financial constraints often stand as an obstacle to realize this dream.
To assist these aspiring individuals, several organizations and government bodies offer fully funded scholarships. In this blog, we will show you the most generous scholarships available to study in India.
SII Scholarship to Study in India
Taking the top spot on our list is the Study in India (SII) Scholarship. An innovative brainchild of the Indian government, the SII Scholarship program underlines India’s growing status as a worldwide epicenter for education.
- Open to international students from all countries except India.
- Strong academic record with minimum 60% marks in previous degree or equivalent.
- Proficiency in English language through tests like TOEFL or IELTS.
- Age limit of 25 years for undergraduate programs and 30 years for postgraduate programs.
- Applications typically open in January or February of each year.
- The online application system is available on the official website: https://studyinindia.gov.in/.
- Required documents include transcripts, diplomas, proof of language proficiency, motivation letter, and recommendation letters.
- Selection process involves academic merit, language skills, and motivation.
So, if you’ve ever been intimidated by the financial demands of studying abroad, this is your opportunity to put those fears to bed and embrace the enriching experience of studying in India, thanks to the SII Scholarship.
Read Also: Fully Funded Gabon Scholarships
AYUSH Scholarship to Study in India
This distinctive scholarship program is your golden ticket to studying a variety of Indian traditional medicinal systems including Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy.
- Full tuition fees covered: The scholarship covers the entire tuition fees for your chosen program.
- Monthly stipend: You’ll receive a monthly stipend of INR 130,000 for Bachelor’s students and INR 140,000 for Master’s and PhD students to cover living expenses.
- Health insurance: The scholarship provides health insurance for the duration of your studies.
- Travel allowance: You’ll receive a travel allowance to cover the cost of a roundtrip journey between your home country and India.
- Open to international students from all countries except India.
- Strong academic record with excellent grades and test scores (e.g., NEET for AYUSH PG programs).
- Demonstrated interest in AYUSH fields through extracurricular activities, volunteer work, or research experience.
- Meeting specific program requirements (e.g., minimum GPA, English language proficiency).
- Applications are typically accepted online through the A2A Scholarship portal: https://a2ascholarships.iccr.gov.in/: https://a2ascholarships.iccr.gov.in/
- Deadlines usually fall in May of each year.
- Required documents include transcripts, diplomas, proof of language proficiency, motivation letter, recommendation letters, and passport details.
- Selection process involves academic merit, language skills, motivation, and alignment with program goals.
It’s your passport to an immersive journey through India’s rich and age-old healing traditions. So, gear up, Malaysian students, your chance to explore the wisdom of India’s traditional medicine is just an AYUSH Scholarship away!
INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE)
The INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) is a fully funded scholarship for students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate studies in India. The scholarship is offered by the Department of Science and Technology (DST) and covers the full cost of tuition, as well as a monthly stipend for living expenses.
- Financial support:
- INR 80,000 per year for undergraduate students.
- INR 1,00,000 per year for postgraduate students.
- Additional mentorship grant of INR 20,000 per year for summer research projects.
- Mentorship: Each scholar is assigned a mentor for academic and career guidance.
- Research opportunities: Scholars are encouraged to participate in summer research projects at recognized research institutions.
- Networking: Access to a network of scientists and researchers through workshops and conferences.
- Indian students enrolled in Bachelor’s or Master’s programs in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) or related fields.
- Top 1% of students in their respective class 12th board exams or within specific ranks in competitive exams like JEE (Main), JEE (Advanced), NEET, KVPY, etc.
- Admission to a recognized university or academic institution in India.
- Applications are typically accepted online through the DST INSPIRE portal: https://www.online-inspire.gov.in/
- Deadlines vary depending on the academic year but typically fall between June and August.
- Required documents include transcripts, mark sheets, proof of admission, competitive exam scores (if applicable), passport-size photographs, and other specified documents.
- The selection process involves academic merit, entrance exam scores, and motivation for pursuing science and technology studies.
So, strap on your goggles, fasten your lab coats, and get ready to embark on your journey of scientific exploration with the INSPIRE Scholarship lighting your path.
Is there any fully funded scholarship in India?
Yes, several fully funded scholarships exist in India! Some prominent examples include:
- ICCR Scholarships: Offer full tuition fees, monthly stipends, and health insurance for international students across various fields.
- AYUSH Scholarship: Fully funds AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy) studies for international students at Indian universities.
- INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE): Provides financial support, mentorship, and research opportunities for Indian students pursuing STEM studies.
- Prime Minister’s Research Fellows (PMRF) Scheme: Offers full fellowships for PhD research in science, technology, and engineering at IITs, NITs, and other premier institutions.
How can I get a free scholarship in India?
“Free” typically signifies covering tuition and living expenses. While achieving it entirely depends on individual circumstances, consider these options:
- Combine scholarships: Explore possibilities like ICCR Scholarship for tuition and INSPIRE SHE for living expenses.
- Part-time work: Work permits are available for some international students, allowing income supplementation.
- Affordable housing: Opt for student dormitories or shared accommodations.
- Budgeting: Research cost-effective food, transportation, and activities.
Who is eligible for All India Scholarship 2024?
The All India Scholarship 2024 is available to students who are Indian citizens and are pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate studies in any field. In order to be eligible for the scholarship, students must meet certain criteria, including having a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 75% or higher, having an annual family income below a certain threshold, and belonging to a socially or economically disadvantaged group. The scholarship is awarded based on academic merit and financial need, and it provides full coverage of tuition fees and other costs associated with attending college or university.
Which country is easiest to get a fully funded scholarship?
There’s no “easiest” country – competition is fierce everywhere. However, some countries like Germany, Norway, and the Netherlands offer numerous fully funded scholarships in various fields due to their investments in international education.
Which country gives the most scholarships to international students?
China stands out with the most dedicated scholarship programs for international students, exceeding 50,000 annually. Germany, the USA, and France also offer substantial opportunities.
In conclusion, fully funded scholarships in India offer an excellent opportunity for students from all over the world to gain a world-class education at some of the country’s top universities. The scholarships cover all costs associated with tuition, fees, and living expenses, making them an affordable and convenient option for students. In addition to the financial benefits, these scholarships also provide an opportunity to experience the rich cultural heritage of India, making them an enriching experience for students from all backgrounds. Whether you are looking to study engineering, science, or the arts, fully funded scholarships in India are an excellent option to consider.