If you have ever dreamt of studying in one of the fastest-growing economies in the world, then you might want to consider applying for a fully funded scholarship in Singapore. Ranked as one of the best cities for students in the world, Singapore is an innovative and vibrant hub of higher education, science, and technology.
This post will explore three excellent fully funded scholarship programs in Singapore: the MOE-AU Scholarship for Singapore Students, the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA), and the NTU Scholarships.
MOE-AU Scholarship for Singapore Students
The MOE-AU Scholarship, a joint venture between the Ministry of Education in Singapore and Australian Universities, is an excellent opportunity for Singaporean students aspiring to complete their undergraduate studies in Australia. This scholarship has been specifically designed to cover a wide range of expenses, including tuition fees, annual living costs, return airfare, and a settling-in allowance.
- Be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident who will obtain citizenship before the award.
- Have strong academic achievement and aptitude for your chosen field.
- Have completed pre-university final exams or hold pre-university qualifications.
- Have a strong interest in pursuing an academic career at a local AU.
- Full tuition and compulsory fees.
- Acceptance fees.
- Monthly maintenance allowance (for overseas studies).
- Settling-in allowance (for overseas studies).
- Return flight tickets (for overseas studies).
- Applications are currently open on the Public Service Commission (PSC) Gateway.
- Deadline varies depending on the scholarship type and intake period.
- You should indicate “Academia” as your career choice in the application form.
- For more information and to apply, visit the MOE website: https://www.moe.gov.sg/financial-matters/awards-scholarships/moe-au-scholarship:
This prestigious scholarship provides you with a unique opportunity to study in globally recognized Australian universities without any financial constraints.
Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)
For high-achieving international students with their sights set on a PhD in Singapore, the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) may be the ideal scholarship. This award is the fruit of a partnership between some of Singapore’s most prestigious institutions: the Agency for Science, Technology, and Research (A*STAR), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), National University of Singapore (NUS), and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
- Be an international student with a strong academic record in a relevant field of science or engineering.
- Have a bachelor’s degree with good honours or a master’s degree.
- Be proficient in English language.
- Be passionate about research and committed to pursuing a career in academia.
- Full tuition fees for up to four years of PhD studies.
- Monthly stipend of S$2,200, increasing to S$2,700 after passing the qualifying examination.
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500.
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000.
- Applications are typically open once a year, with deadlines in June for the following year’s intake.
- Applications are submitted online through the SINGA website.
- The selection process is competitive,
Please note that, similar to the other scholarships discussed, securing the SINGA requires more than just stellar academic performance. It requires passion, dedication, and an unwavering commitment to your field of study. If you are ready to take on the challenge, SINGA could be your passport to an enriching academic journey in the Lion City.
How can I get a fully funded scholarship in Singapore?
There are several ways to increase your chances of getting a fully funded scholarship in Singapore:
- Start researching early: Look for scholarships well in advance of your application deadlines. Resources like ScholarshipConnect and ScholarshipsOwl list many opportunities.
- Focus on your academic record: Strong academic performance, including high grades and standardized test scores (if required), is crucial for most scholarships.
- Highlight relevant achievements and experiences: Showcase your extracurricular activities, research experience, and any leadership roles you’ve held.
- Tailor your application to each scholarship: Carefully read the eligibility criteria and application instructions for each scholarship. Show how your skills and aspirations align with the scholarship’s goals.
- Seek guidance from counselors or advisors: Universities and organizations often offer support and guidance for scholarship applications.
Which scholarships are fully funded in Singapore 2023-2024?
While most scholarship deadlines for 2023 have passed, here are some fully funded scholarships for 2024 and beyond:
- Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA): Open to international students for PhD studies at top Singapore universities. Covers tuition fees, monthly stipend, and settling-in allowance. (Next application deadline: June 1st, 2024)
- Public Service Commission (PSC) Scholarship: For Singapore Citizens/PRs pursuing Masters degrees relevant to the Singapore Civil Service. Covers tuition fees, monthly allowance, and other benefits.
- Dr Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship: For international students pursuing undergraduate studies in specific fields in Singapore. Covers tuition fees, living allowance, and travel grants.
- University-specific scholarships: Many universities in Singapore offer their own merit-based scholarships for international and local students. Check the websites of your desired universities.
What is the Singa scholarship 2025 fully funded scholarship in Singapore?
The SINGA (Singapore International Graduate Award) is a prestigious fully funded scholarship for international students pursuing PhDs in Singapore. It covers tuition fees, a monthly stipend, airfare, and settling-in allowance. The next application deadline is June 1st, 2024.
Can foreigners get scholarships in Singapore?
Yes, absolutely! Many scholarships in Singapore are open to international students, including the SINGA and GKS scholarships mentioned above. However, some scholarships might have specific nationality restrictions, so be sure to check the eligibility criteria carefully.
Is it easy to get a scholarship in Singapore?
Competition for scholarships in Singapore is generally high, especially for prestigious fully funded awards like SINGA. However, by planning ahead, showcasing your strengths, and tailoring your applications, you can significantly increase your chances of success.
In summary, a myriad of fully funded scholarships awaits those eager to pursue their educational dreams in Singapore. Whether you’re a local student longing for an international experience in Australia via the MOE-AU Scholarship, an ambitious researcher desiring to contribute to global innovation through the SINGA award, or a determined scholar aiming to experience a holistic education at NTU, these scholarships offer an unparalleled chance to study without financial worry.
Remember, these scholarships are not only about academic achievements. They highly value well-rounded individuals with leadership skills and engagement in co-curricular activities. Thus, it’s essential to showcase your academic excellence and demonstrate your potential as a leader and an active participant in your community.
Remember that competition for these scholarships is intense, and the application process may be rigorous. However, the rewards of securing a fully funded scholarship in Singapore far outweigh the challenges. The academic experience, global exposure, and personal growth opportunities that these scholarships provide can be transformative.
In conclusion, Singapore, with its impressive educational infrastructure and dynamic, cosmopolitan culture, offers some of the most prestigious fully funded scholarships in the world. It’s a unique opportunity that allows you to experience world-class education, contribute to global advancements, and develop your potential to the fullest. Embark on your journey towards excellence with these scholarships, and let Singapore be the launching pad for your extraordinary career.