Turkmenistan, a country renowned for its wealth in natural gas reserves, is steadily becoming a sought-after destination for international students seeking fully-funded scholarship opportunities.
These scholarships offer a gateway to acquire top-tier education in various fields such as Sciences, Engineering, Arts, and Humanities. Below we will delve into some of the most prominent fully-funded scholarships available in Turkmenistan.
Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees
The Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees (EMJMD) represents an esteemed international study program that is supported by the European Union. This program provides fully-funded scholarships to students from all over the globe, Turkmenistan included, covering a wide variety of academic disciplines.
Why choose an EMJM?
There are many reasons why you might choose to pursue an EMJM:
- Gain a prestigious international qualification: An EMJM is a recognized qualification that is valued by employers around the world.
- Study at multiple universities: You will have the opportunity to study at different universities in different countries, which will give you a unique and international perspective on your chosen field.
- Specialize in a specific field: EMJMs offer a wide range of specialized programs, so you can find one that perfectly matches your interests and career goals.
- Develop intercultural skills: Living and studying in different countries will help you develop important intercultural skills, such as communication, teamwork, and adaptability.
- Benefit from scholarships: There are a number of scholarships available for EMJM students, which can help to cover the costs of tuition and living expenses.
How to apply for an EMJM
If you are interested in applying for an EMJM, you can find more information on the Erasmus+ website. The application process can be competitive, so it is important to start planning early and meet all of the eligibility requirements.
As such, applicants should demonstrate not only academic aptitude but also a vision for future contributions to their respective fields and communities.
Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) Scholarship Program
The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) Scholarship Program offers a noteworthy fully-funded opportunity for students from member countries, Turkmenistan being one of them. With an inclusive package that takes care of tuition fees, provides a monthly living stipend, health insurance, and round-trip airfare, the IsDB scholarship takes away the financial burden from the shoulders of ambitious students.
Types of Scholarships Offered
The IsDB Scholarship Program offers a variety of scholarships, including:
- Scholarship Program for Muslim Communities in Non-Member Countries (SPMC): This program provides scholarships for undergraduate studies in medicine, engineering, computer science, information technology, agriculture, and other related fields.
- IsDB Master of Science Scholarship Program (M.Sc.): This program provides scholarships for master’s studies in science and technology fields.
- IsDB Merit Scholarship Program for High Technology (MSP): This program provides scholarships for Ph.D. studies and post-doctoral research in applied science and high technology.
- IsDB-ISFD Scholarship Program: This program provides scholarships for undergraduate studies in medicine, engineering, agriculture, and other related fields in 21 Least Developed IsDB Member Countries (LDMCs).
To be eligible for the IsDB Scholarship Program, you must:
- Be a citizen of an IsDB member country or a Muslim community in a non-member country.
- Have a strong academic record.
- Meet the specific eligibility requirements of the scholarship program you are applying for.
The application process for the IsDB Scholarship Program is typically conducted online. You can find more information about the application process and deadlines on the IsDB website.
The path to securing this scholarship is competitive, and potential applicants are required to show not only their academic potential but their commitment to contribute to sustainable development as well. In essence, the IsDB scholarship isn’t just a financial support mechanism; it’s an opportunity to drive change and create an impact in the world.
Read Also: Fully Funded Syria Scholarships
International University of Humanities and Development
Situated in the heart of Ashgabat, Turkmenistan’s capital, the International University of Humanities and Development presents comprehensive full-ride scholarships to both domestic and international students. This prestigious institution is particularly renowned for its focus on International Relations, Tourism, Management, and Foreign Languages.
IUHD offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs in the following faculties:
- Faculty of Economics and Management
- Faculty of International Law and International Relations
- Faculty of International Technologies
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of English Language Learning
How to Apply for Scholarships:
- To apply for scholarships, students must complete the online application form and submit the required documents, such as transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a statement of purpose.
- Deadlines for scholarship applications vary, so be sure to check the deadlines for the scholarships you are interested in.
- For more information on scholarships and financial aid at IUHD, please visit the university’s website or contact the Office of Admissions.
Therefore, prospective applicants should prepare to showcase not only their academic credentials but also their dedication to service and community upliftment.
Fulbright Scholarship Program
The Fulbright Scholarship Program, instituted by the U.S. government, is yet another robust fully-funded opportunity available to Turkmenistan students. This renowned program extends research, academic, and teaching experiences in the United States to students and professionals from over 160 countries worldwide, Turkmenistan included.
- Full or partial tuition coverage: Varies by program and funding source.
- Stipend for living expenses: Varies by program and location.
- Health insurance: Coverage varies by program.
- Travel allowance: Round-trip travel between your home country and the United States.
- Cultural and professional development opportunities.
- Be a citizen of a country participating in the Fulbright Program.
- Meet program-specific academic and professional requirements.
- Demonstrate English language proficiency (if required).
This reciprocity fosters mutual understanding and encourages collaboration, making it a unique scholarship that not only supports academic advancement but also promotes international camaraderie.
How do you get a 100% scholarship?
Securing a 100% scholarship is competitive but achievable with strategic planning:
- Research Extensively: Identify scholarship programs that cover full tuition, living expenses, and other costs.
- Academic Excellence: Maintain a high GPA throughout your academic career.
- Extracurricular Activities: Demonstrate leadership skills and involvement in community service.
- Impressive Personal Statement: Craft a compelling personal statement outlining your goals and why you deserve the scholarship.
- Letters of Recommendation: Obtain strong letters of recommendation from teachers or mentors who can attest to your academic and personal qualities.
Which country is easiest to get a full scholarship?
The ease of obtaining a full scholarship varies and depends on factors like program availability, eligibility criteria, and competition. Countries with robust education systems and scholarship programs, such as Germany, Norway, and Canada, are often considered more accessible. However, individual circumstances and qualifications play a significant role in the application process.
How can a Nigerian get a scholarship to study abroad?
Nigerians can secure scholarships to study abroad through these steps:
- Research Scholarships: Identify scholarships from governments, universities, and organizations.
- Check Eligibility: Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria for each scholarship.
- Apply Early: Submit applications well before deadlines, and carefully follow all instructions.
- Language Proficiency: Prepare for language proficiency exams like IELTS or TOEFL, if required.
- Seek Guidance: Utilize resources like educational counselors, online platforms, and embassy services for guidance.
Which country gives full scholarships?
Countries known for providing substantial scholarship opportunities include:
- Germany: Offers tuition-free education at public universities and various scholarship programs.
- Norway: Provides tuition-free education for international students and offers scholarships.
- Sweden: Offers numerous scholarships for international students at different levels.
- Canada: Provides various scholarships at both the federal and provincial levels.
- Australia: Offers scholarships for international students at universities.
Which scholarship is easiest to get?
There is no definitive answer to this question, as the “easiest” scholarship to get will vary depending on the applicant’s individual qualifications and background. However, some scholarships are generally considered to be easier to obtain than others. For example, merit-based scholarships often have lower competition than need-based scholarships. Additionally, many local scholarships (those offered by your city, state, or school district) are easier to get than national scholarships, as they tend to have fewer applicants. In general, students should research the various scholarships available to them and apply to those that best fit their qualifications and interests.
In summary, Turkmenistan, with its rich natural resources and commitment to education, is an emerging hub for international students seeking fully-funded scholarships. Whether it’s the opportunity to study in multiple European countries with the Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees or the chance to contribute to sustainable development through the Islamic Development Bank Scholarship Program, the options are extensive and diverse.
With the right preparation, dedication, and vision, the dream of studying under a fully-funded scholarship in Turkmenistan can indeed become a reality, opening doors to endless opportunities for personal growth and societal contribution.