Are you a student with a passion for studying abroad? Look no further! The stunning island nation of Cabo Verde, located off the coast of West Africa, is offering fully funded scholarships for international students. This once-in-a-lifetime opportunity is an excellent way to experience a new culture and receive a quality education at the same time.
This blog post will explore everything you need to know about these fully funded Cabo Verde scholarships and how you can apply for them. So pack your bags and get ready to embark on an exciting educational journey in Cabo Verde!
MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program
This invaluable scholarship is crafted specifically for Caboverdean students ready to pursue undergraduate and graduate studies. One of its main missions is to cultivate leadership skills in young scholars, particularly those from economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Citizenship: Be a citizen of Cabo Verde.
- Academic Achievement: Demonstrate strong academic performance in your previous studies.
- Economic Disadvantage: Come from a disadvantaged background and require financial support to pursue higher education.
- Commitment to Giving Back: Show a commitment to returning to your community and using your education to make a positive impact.
- Full Tuition Fees: The scholarship covers the full cost of tuition fees for your chosen degree program.
- Living Expenses: You will receive a monthly stipend to cover living expenses and essential study materials.
- Mentorship and Support: The program provides academic and professional guidance throughout your studies.
- Networking Opportunities: You will have the chance to connect with other Scholars and professionals from around the world.
- The application process usually opens in October and closes in January of the following year.
- Applications are submitted online through the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program website: https://mastercardfdn.org/all/scholars/scholars-program/
- Required documents include academic transcripts, recommendation letters, a motivational statement, and proof of financial need.
Imagine having a dedicated team committed to your success, guiding you in every step of your academic journey, and empowering you with leadership skills to help you make a positive change in your community. The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program is more than a scholarship, it’s your pathway to becoming a leader of change in your field.
Chevening Scholarship (Cape Verde)
Take flight with the Chevening Scholarship, an esteemed program designed for ambitious Caboverdean students. This UK government-funded initiative seeks out bright minds from across the globe, including Cape Verde, and empowers them with the resources to study for a master’s degree in the UK. The program embodies a commitment to developing future leaders and influencers who can effectively contribute to their home country’s progress upon their return.
- Citizenship: Be a Cabo Verdean citizen or have permanent residency.
- Education: Possess a bachelor’s degree equivalent to a UK upper second-class honors degree.
- Work experience: Demonstrate at least two years of relevant work experience.
- English language proficiency: Meet the required score in either IELTS (6.5 overall) or TOEFL (550).
- Return commitment: Agree to return to Cabo Verde for a minimum of two years after completing your studies.
- Timeline: Applications typically open in August and close in November of the year preceding your intended study year.
- Platform: Submit your application online through the Chevening website: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/chevening-foundation
- Required documents:
- Academic transcripts.
- Work experience documentation.
- A compelling personal statement highlighting your academic excellence, leadership qualities, career goals, and commitment to contributing to Cabo Verde’s development.
- Two strong letters of recommendation.
But, the Chevening Scholarship seeks more than just academic excellence. It looks for individuals with unflinching leadership potential, robust professional networks, and unwavering dedication to bring about positive change in their home countries.
Nottingham Developing Solutions Scholarships
Focused on master’s degree programs, this scholarship brings attention to critical areas of development such as infrastructure, inclusive economic growth, and human development. It offers the chance to study these areas in depth and enables students to apply their newfound knowledge in real-world situations, fostering tangible growth and improvement in their home country.
Who can apply?
- Be domiciled in a developing country, including Cabo Verde.
- Have a bachelor’s degree with excellent grades.
- Be applying for a full-time Master’s degree program (including MRes) at the University of Nottingham in one of the eligible faculties: Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences, Faculty of Science, or Faculty of Social Science.
- Have a strong academic record and demonstrate a commitment to development in your home country.
What does the scholarship cover?
- The scholarship offers two levels of funding:
- 50% tuition fee coverage: This covers half of your tuition fees for the entire duration of your Master’s program.
- 100% tuition fee coverage: This covers your full tuition fees for the entire duration of your Master’s program.
- Additionally, scholarship recipients may be eligible for:
- A living cost bursary: This additional financial support helps cover living expenses during your first year of study.
- Access to the Think Big Development Programme: This program offers workshops, career guidance, and networking opportunities to help you develop your professional skills and achieve your career goals.
How to apply:
- Applications are submitted online through the University of Nottingham’s scholarship portal: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/studywithus/international-applicants/scholarships/masters-scholarships.aspx
- Applications typically open in October and close in April of the following year.
- Required documents include academic transcripts, proof of English language proficiency (IELTS or TOEFL), a CV, a personal statement, and two letters of reference.
Studying overseas, especially in a renowned university like Nottingham, can be a life-changing experience. It offers a unique perspective, a chance to immerse yourself in a different culture, and invaluable opportunities for personal and professional growth. This scholarship provides an incredible platform to amplify your impact and turn your visions of development into reality.
Which country is easiest to get a full scholarship?
While there is no one definitive answer to this question, some countries that are considered relatively easy to get a full scholarship in include Germany, France, and the Netherlands.
How do I apply for a fully-funded scholarship?
The first step to applying for a fully-funded scholarship is to research the different available scholarship programs. Once you have identified a scholarship that you are interested in, you will need to check the eligibility criteria and ensure that you meet all of the requirements.
After that, you will need to prepare all of the necessary documents and submit your application by the deadline. The application process can vary depending on the scholarship program, so it is important to carefully read the instructions and follow them closely
Which scholarship is fully funded in Saudi Arabia in 2023?
Several fully-funded scholarship options exist in Saudi Arabia for 2023, including:
- King Abdullah Scholarship Program: Provides full funding for undergraduate and postgraduate studies at accredited Saudi universities.
- Saudi Aramco Graduate Scholarship Program: Offers full funding for Master’s and PhD programs in STEM fields at international universities.
- Dar Al Uloom Scholarship Program: Designed for Muslim students from around the world to pursue Islamic studies in Saudi Arabia.
- Ministry of Education Scholarship Program: Offers full funding for various undergraduate and postgraduate programs at Saudi universities.
Are there fully-funded scholarships?
Yes, many fully-funded scholarships cover tuition fees, living expenses, and travel costs. However, remember that competition for these scholarships can be fierce, so highlighting your academic excellence and potential is crucial.
Which country gives the most scholarships to international students?
While quantifying “most” scholarships is complex, some countries are known for their extensive scholarship programs for international students:
- Germany: DAAD offers various scholarships across numerous disciplines.
- United States: Fulbright Program and individual universities provide many opportunities.
- China: Chinese Government Scholarship offers comprehensive support for diverse fields.
- Canada: Numerous scholarship programs exist at the federal and provincial levels.
- Netherlands: Holland Scholarship and other programs attract global talent.
Remember, scholarship availability also depends on your specific field and background. Researching thoroughly and targeting the right programs is key to success.
The journey towards educational excellence and transformative leadership begins with taking the first step. A wealth of opportunities awaits Caboverdean students who are passionate, ambitious, and ready to bring about positive change. Each of the scholarships mentioned here, be it the GHC, MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, Chevening Scholarship, or Nottingham Developing Solutions Scholarship, offers more than just financial assistance.
After all, your dreams are only a scholarship application away. Remember, the future is not something that happens to us, it’s something we create. So, go ahead, create a future you’re proud of. The future is yours to shape, and the world is waiting for you. Reach out, take a hold of these opportunities and make your dreams a reality.