Education is the cornerstone of growth, progress, and opportunity. One such opportunity comes in the form of fully funded scholarships, particularly for young and ambitious individuals from Yemen.
The purpose of these scholarships is to offer financial assistance to students who wish to further their education abroad, fostering a generation of well-educated, well-rounded individuals who can contribute to the development of their home country.
The Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Program
Established by His Highness the Aga Khan, the Aga Khan Foundation is a non-profit organization focused on alleviating financial barriers to higher education for students from developing nations, Yemen included. Each academic year, the Foundation provides fully funded scholarships to academically exceptional students who are financially in need.
Who is eligible?
- You must be a citizen of an eligible developing country
- Have no other means of financing your studies.
- Demonstrate exceptional academic merit and leadership potential.
- Meet the admission requirements for your chosen program at a reputable university.
What does the scholarship cover?
- 50% grant and 50% loan: You receive half the funding as a grant and the other half as a loan with a 5% annual service charge, repayable after your studies.
- Tuition fees: The scholarship covers your tuition fees for the entire duration of your program.
- Living expenses: You receive a monthly stipend to cover living expenses.
- Travel allowance (some cases): This is not always included, so check the specific program details.
What programs are offered?
The AKF ISP primarily supports Master’s degrees, but PhD scholarships are available in exceptional cases for specific fields. The program supports diverse fields of study, including:
- Public Policy
How to apply:
Applications are handled by local units of the Aga Khan Foundation, Aga Khan Education Services (AKES), or Aga Khan Education Board (AKEB). The application process typically opens in June or July each year.
The scholarship package offered by the Aga Khan Foundation is comprehensive, ensuring that beneficiaries can focus solely on their studies. It includes full tuition, a stipend for monthly living costs, health insurance, and airfare. This all-encompassing support system eliminates financial stress, enabling students to fully immerse themselves in their education and make the most of this incredible opportunity.
The British Council IELTS Scholarship
Offered in collaboration with the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), The British Council IELTS Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship specifically designed for Yemeni students aspiring to undertake undergraduate or postgraduate studies in English-speaking nations. This scholarship covers not only the entirety of tuition costs but also takes care of living expenses and round-trip airfare, thereby offering a complete financial support system for the selected students.
Benefits of the Scholarship:
- Up to £10,000 towards tuition fees for a postgraduate degree at any university in the world that accepts IELTS as an entry requirement.
- The opportunity to study at a world-class university and gain a qualification that will help you advance your career.
- The chance to experience a new culture and make new friends from all over the world.
- Be a citizen of a country where the British Council operates.
- Have taken an IELTS test within the past two years.
- Have an overall IELTS score of 6.5 or higher.
- Be applying for a postgraduate degree at a university that accepts IELTS as an entry requirement.
- Meet the academic entry requirements for your chosen program.
The British Council IELTS Scholarship, therefore, presents an invaluable opportunity for high-achieving Yemeni students to gain access to world-class education, improve their English language skills, and ultimately, contribute positively to the development of Yemen.
Read Also: Fully Funded Senegal Scholarships
Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) Scholarship Program
The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) Scholarship Program offers a beacon of hope for Yemeni students seeking to advance their academic endeavors. With its focus on fostering intellectual growth and promoting Islamic values in developing nations through education, this program supports scholars in a wide array of academic fields. Students pursuing undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral studies in science, engineering, technology, medicine, and social sciences are all eligible for this scholarship.
Types of Scholarships:
- Undergraduate Scholarship Program (SPMC): For Muslim students from non-member countries to pursue undergraduate studies in STEM fields and related areas.
- IsDB Master of Science Scholarship Program (M.Sc.): For students from member countries to pursue Master’s degrees in STEM fields.
- IsDB Merit Scholarship Program (MSP): For Ph.D. studies and post-doctoral research in applied science and high technology.
- IsDB-ISFD Scholarship Program: For financially disadvantaged students from Least Developed Member Countries (LDMCs) to pursue bachelor’s degrees in STEM fields.
- Full tuition fees: Focus on your studies without worrying about the financial burden.
- Monthly stipend: Covers living expenses, books, and other academic needs.
- Health insurance: Ensures you’re covered for medical expenses.
- Travel allowance (some programs): Helps with travel costs to and from your study location.
- Citizen of an eligible country: Varies depending on the scholarship program.
- Strong academic record: Maintain good grades and demonstrate academic potential.
- Meet program-specific requirements: Check the specific program details for required courses, language proficiency, etc.
- Financial need (some programs): Demonstrated financial need might be a requirement for certain scholarships.
How to Apply:
- Application periods: Deadlines vary by program; most open in February or March.
- Online application: Submit your application electronically through the IsDB website.
- Required documents: Prepare transcripts, recommendation letters, personal statement, and other documents as specified.
However, the IsDB Scholarship Program is more than just a financial lifeline; it is an investment in Yemen’s future. By offering these scholarships, the program aims to equip scholars with the skills and knowledge necessary to contribute to their country’s development in alignment with Islamic principles. This focus underscores the program’s commitment not just to individual scholars, but also to the broader social and economic progress of Yemen.
How do you get a 100% scholarship?
There are many different ways to get a 100% scholarship, but the most important thing is to start early and be persistent. Most scholarships are competitive, so it is important to make sure your application is as strong as possible. This means having a high GPA, strong test scores, and extracurricular activities. Additionally, you should make sure to write a compelling essay that highlights your unique qualities and achievements. Finally, don’t be afraid to ask for help from your teachers, counselors, and family members.
Which country is easiest to get a full scholarship?
The ease of obtaining a full scholarship varies and depends on factors like program availability, eligibility criteria, and competition. Countries with robust education systems and scholarship programs, such as Germany, Norway, and Canada, are often considered more accessible. However, individual circumstances and qualifications play a significant role in the application process.
Which country gives full scholarships?
Several countries are known for offering full scholarships to international students. Some examples include:
- Germany: Offers tuition-free education at public universities and various scholarship programs.
- Norway: Provides tuition-free education for international students and offers scholarships.
- Sweden: Offers numerous scholarships for international students at different levels.
- Canada: Provides various scholarships at both the federal and provincial levels.
- Australia: Offers scholarships for international students at universities.
What is the highest scholarship in the world?
Determining the “highest” scholarship is challenging, as it depends on the criteria used for evaluation. Prestigious scholarships such as the Rhodes Scholarship, Fulbright Scholarship, and Chevening Scholarship are among the most esteemed globally, offering significant financial support and opportunities for outstanding students.
Which country provides the most scholarships to international students?
Several countries actively provide scholarships to international students. The United States, through programs like Fulbright and various university scholarships, is known for its substantial support. Additionally, countries like the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, and Germany offer numerous scholarship opportunities for international students. The availability and scope of scholarships can vary, so it’s essential to research and explore specific programs tailored to individual needs and goals.
The potential that education holds to transform individuals and societies cannot be overstated. For Yemen, a nation dealing with a multitude of challenges, fostering an educated and empowered generation can bring about significant change. These fully-funded scholarships are a doorway to such change. They provide Yemeni students with an opportunity to gain top-tier education, skillsets, and experiences that not only enrich their personal and professional growth but also equip them to contribute positively towards Yemen’s development.
Therefore, Yemeni students who possess the ambition to succeed and the desire to make a difference should seize these opportunities. These scholarships offer more than just a chance to study abroad; they provide a platform to effect change in their home country. Indeed, the future of Yemen shines brighter with each educated mind that seeks to uplift the nation.