Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals
The Swedish Institute (SI) is actually launching the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP), a different scholarship program that replaces Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (SISS).
Are there ambition, leadership experience, and a robust professional background? You can study to get a master’s degree in Sweden for a fully-funded Swedish Institute scholarship. Check if you are able to apply.
The Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) program is area of the Swedish government’s international awards scheme aimed towards developing global leaders that will bring about the United Nations 2030 Diary for Sustainable Development. It is actually funded through the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Sweden and administered through the Swedish Institute (SI). This program offers a specialized chance for global professionals in order to develop professionally and academically, to discover Swedish society and culture, and to construct a long-lasting relationship with Sweden is actually each other.
The scholarship is supposed for full-time one-year or two-year master’s programs which is only awarded for programs starting within the autumn semester. The scholarship is granted for 1 academic year (two semesters) in a time. Will probably be extended for programs over two semesters, provided that this student has died his/her courses/credits.
The scholarship period should not be changed or extended at night awarded scholarship period, nor can the scholarship be used in a study program aside from the awarded master’s program.
Swedish Higher Education Institutions and Swedish Universities
Level/Field(s) of study:
You’ll find the list of eligible master programmes for the SISGP call for application academic year 2022/2023 here.
Number of Scholarships:
An estimated 350 scholarships will be available in 2022.
Students from the following 42 countries:
Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Bolivia; Belarus; Brazil; Cambodia; Cameroon; Colombia; Ecuador; Egypt; Ethiopia; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Guatemala; Honduras; Indonesia; Jordan; Kenya; Liberia; Malawi; Moldova; Morocco; Myanmar (Burma); Nepal; Nigeria; Pakistan; Peru; Philippines; Russian Federation; Rwanda; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Tanzania; Tunisia; Turkey; Uganda; Ukraine; Vietnam; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
Scholarship Deadline: 10-28 February
Open to: citizens of eligible countries who have sufficient documented proof of work and leadership experience
Scholarship Benefits: fully-funded
- You must have a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated employment.
- You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of university admission, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programs by 9 April 2021.
- You must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employment.
- You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for the scholarship programme.
- There are also conditions regarding dual citizenship, previous residence and studies in Sweden, and more.
- Tuition fees: directly paid to the Swedish university by them.
- Living expenses of SEK 10,000/month will be provided.
- A travel grant of SEK 15,000 * will be provided.
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders(NFGL) a platform to grow professionally and build your network while in Sweden.
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network after your scholarship period – a platform for continued networking and further professional development.
* The travel grant is a one-time payment for the entire study period. The grant is not applicable to students already living in Sweden.
How to apply?
For more information and to apply, please visit the official website.