Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC) Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2021
Shell petroleum development company of Nigeria is an oil exploration company that has being known for giving out scholarships to students over the years.
They have various scholarship schemes but we shall be focusing on just the Nigeria Delta postgraduate scholarship for now.
Being that the Niger Delta is the home of oil exploration in Nigeria, legislature has it that the indigenous students should benefit that what is being gotten from their environment, thus the formation of NDDC.
So, the students from the following states are the only ones eligible for the shell Nigeria Delta postgraduate scholarship:
- Rivers State
- Delta State
- Imo state
- Bayelsa state
Student interested in post graduate studies from these states would be offer an apple opportunity to study in Imperial College London, University of Aberdeen and University of Leeds.
Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship
It is applaudable to know that within the nine years of this scholarship program being in existence, over 90 students have gotten the opportunity to study at top-rated universities in the UK on full scholarship
For the academic year commencing September 2021, SPDC in partnership with three universities in the UK–Imperial College London; University of Leeds; and University of Aberdeen will award scholarships for one-year post-graduate M.Sc. studies.
Shell Postgraduate Scholarship Benefits
The shell postgraduate scholarship will cover the following
- Tuition fee
- One economy return flight ticket from Nigeria to the United Kingdom
- A contribution towards living expenses only.
Please note: The living expense are calculated based on reports from the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only.
Also, the shell post graduate scholarship is classified as a non committal scholarship, this implies that the partners of the scholarship including shell is not committed in any way to offer you employment of any kind after graduation.
The terms and condition also states that as a successful candidate of the scholarship, you are not bonded with the company in any way even during the duration of the scholarship.
Also, SPDC (Shell petroleum development company) will only be obligated to provide medical insurance in line with UK Student Visa requirements.
Shell Postgraduate Scholarship approved Courses.
Post Graduate students in the following courses qualify for award of scholarships at the three institutions:
- Imperial College London
- MSc Petroleum Engineering
- MSc Applied Computational Science and Engineering
- University of Aberdeen
- MSc Geophysics
- MSc Safety & Reliability Engineering for Oil & Gas
- MSc Advanced Chemical Engineering
- University of Leeds
- MSc Exploration Geophysics
- MSc Electronic / Electrical Engineering
Qualifications criteria for the shell postgraduate scholarship..
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Potential candidates must have at least 6.5 in the IELTS program
- Students must have being offered admission to study in one of the enlisted universities before applying for the scholarship
- He or she must have completed the National Youth Service Corp
- He or she must be an indigene of the supported parts of Nigeria
- He or she must clearly intend to return to Nigeria after the time of study
How to Apply for Shell Postgraduate Scholarship.
Application forms for the shell postgraduate scholarship will ONLY be made available through the official websites of the Imperial College London, the University of Leeds and University of Aberdeen, following a formal offer of admission by the university.