The West African nation of Guinea-Bissau offers a variety of fully funded scholarships for international students. The scholarships are aimed at promoting education and capacity building in the country and are available for both undergraduate and graduate studies.
Students from all over the world are eligible to apply, and the scholarships cover the full cost of tuition, accommodation, and living expenses. In addition to academic excellence, the selection process takes into account factors such as financial need and leadership potential. This makes Guinea-Bissau an excellent option for students looking for a fully funded scholarship.
Chevening Scholarships in Guinea-Bissau
Designed with future leaders in mind, this esteemed scholarship is exclusively available for Guinea-Bissau’s students who have consistently showcased academic brilliance and professional expertise.
Who can apply?
- Outstanding graduates from Guinea-Bissau in any field.
- Applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree that would enable them to gain entry onto a postgraduate program at a UK university.
- Minimum of two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience after completing your undergraduate degree.
- Strong English language skills.
How to apply:
- Applications open in August/September each year.
- The application process is online and requires submitting:
- Completed application form.
- Academic transcripts and certificates.
- Two letters of reference.
- Five university choices for your postgraduate program.
- Personal statement explaining your motivations and career goals.
- English language test score (e.g., IELTS or TOEFL).
Keep in mind, to be eligible for this, you must hold an undergraduate degree and at least two years of work experience under your belt. So, are you ready to seize this opportunity and write your own success story?
African Development Bank (AfDB) Scholarships
The African Development Bank Group makes this dream a reality with its “Education for Development” program. The program, which embraces students from member nations including Guinea-Bissau, offers fully-funded scholarships.
- Varies depending on the program, but generally includes:
- Citizenship of an AfDB member country or from a Muslim community in a non-member country (SPMC).
- Strong academic record.
- Demonstrated financial need (except for Merit Scholarship Programme).
- Commitment to returning to your home country and contributing to its development (except for Türkiye Scholarships).
- Also varies depending on the program. Applications are typically accepted online through the IsDB Scholarship Portal or Türkiye Scholarships website.
- Requirements include:
- Completed application form with essays or research proposals.
- Official transcripts and certificates.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Proof of financial need (except for Merit Scholarship Programme).
And, with the funding covering all the essentials such as tuition, accommodation, books, and even a monthly living stipend, your focus can remain entirely on your academic and professional growth. Dive into this golden opportunity and be part of the development story of Africa!
Read Also: Fully Funded Guinea Scholarships
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program. This initiative serves as a sturdy bridge for students from African nations, including the ambitious ones from Guinea-Bissau, to access quality education at different levels, from secondary to postgraduate.
Who can apply?
- Citizenship of a Sub-Saharan African country.
- Strong academic record and demonstrated leadership potential.
- Financial need.
- Commitment to returning to your home country and contributing to its development.
- Access to quality education at renowned institutions.
- Financial support to overcome barriers to education.
- Personal and professional development opportunities.
- Networking with fellow scholars and potential employers.
- Making a real impact on your community and continent.
How to Apply:
- Application processes vary depending on the program and partner institution.
- Generally involves online application forms, essays, letters of recommendation, and interviews.
- Check the program website or contact the relevant partner institution for specific details.
Scholars are encouraged to imbue the spirit of giving back to their communities and catalyzing transformational changes in their home countries post their educational journey. Don’t just dream of a bright future, reach out and grab it with this scholarship!
How do you get a 100% scholarship?
Getting a 100% scholarship is no easy task, but it is possible with hard work and dedication. The first step is to research the various scholarships that are available and determine which ones you may be eligible for. The next step is to craft a strong application, highlighting your strengths and why you deserve the scholarship. It is also important to get letters of recommendation from teachers or other mentors who can speak to your character and potential.
Which country is easiest to get a full scholarship?
While there is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, some countries are known for having a relatively straightforward process for international students to obtain a full scholarship. For example, many European countries, such as Norway and Sweden, have robust scholarship programs that are open to international students from a wide range of backgrounds.
Is it possible to get a fully funded scholarship?
While it may seem like a pipe dream, it is indeed possible to get a fully funded scholarship. Many institutions offer such scholarships, including governments, universities, and private foundations. However, the competition for these scholarships is often fierce, and applicants must be prepared to demonstrate their academic and personal achievements. Additionally, it is important to note that the requirements for fully funded scholarships vary widely, so it is important to research the specific requirements for the scholarships you are interested in.
Which country gives full scholarships?
Many countries offer opportunities for fully funded scholarships:
- Developed nations: Germany, Norway, Sweden, etc., often through government programs or university initiatives.
- Developing nations: Some with growing economies offer scholarships like China’s CSC program or Singapore’s scholarships.
- International organizations: World Bank, African Development Bank, etc., fund programs for specific development goals.
Focus on your field, research opportunities aligns with your goals, and don’t limit yourself based on country alone.
Which scholarship is the easiest to get?
There’s no “easy” scholarship! Competition is fierce for all funding. However, you can increase your chances by:
- Choosing scholarships tailored to your background and academic profile.
- Strengthening your application with stellar grades, research experience, and compelling narratives.
- Meeting deadlines and adhering to application requirements thoroughly.
- Seeking guidance from mentors, universities, or scholarship resources.
Remember, effort, strategic planning, and a strong application are crucial for success, not simply aiming for “easiest” options.
In the realm of learning and development, no barrier cannot be overcome, no dream that cannot be achieved. These scholarships not only offer complete funding for Guinea-Bissau students, but they also present unique opportunities to grow personally, professionally, and academically. They unlock doors to world-renowned universities, provide leadership training, and prepare students to spearhead change in their communities.
From the Chevening Scholarships in the UK, the African Development Bank’s programs, the African Leadership University Scholarship, the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, to the Ashinaga Africa Initiative, the path to your aspirations is well-lit and open for exploration. So, gear up and seize these golden opportunities. Remember, it’s not just about securing your future, it’s about crafting a promising future for your homeland as well. So, take that bold step and dare to reach for the stars! You are just a scholarship away from rewriting your success story