The petroleum development technology fund ( PTDF), a democratic of petroleum resources accepts applications from qualified candidates for postgraduate ( msc, phd) as well as the undergraduate scholarship under the petroleum technology development fund(PTDF).
The federal government agency aims to improve and develop the local human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the target of the oil and gas industry. They accept invites from qualified candidates for postgraduate overseas scholarships to institutions under its China, Germany, France, and Malaysia strategic initiative. Successful candidates will be granted scholarships in the named countries. The oversea scholarships is only open for postgraduate candidates, the undergraduate candidates are awarded scholarships in any institution in Nigeria.
Field of study course: The scholarship will be awarded with restrictions to the study course (available on the ptdf website).
Eligible countries: Nigeria only
About the award: candidates apply through PTDF to specific programmes and the institutions in partnership with them in any of the countries. This award includes:
- Provision of flight tickets
- Payment of health insurance
- Payment of tuition and bench fee (where needed)
- Provision of allowances to meet the cost of living
- Accommodation allowances
Language classes must be included, to enable the candidate adapt well with the new environment ( depending the country).
Qualified candidates: candidates must be from the postgraduate ( msc, phd) category.
Criteria and requirements: the petroleum technology development fund (PTDF) scholarship is a very competitive and only outstanding candidates across the board will be selected only. A selection team is formed to access applications and invitations through the following criteria:
- Academic merit as evidenced by quality of degrees, full academic transcripts, other professional qualifications acquired, and relevant publications (where attained) to be referenced by applicants
- Awards for leadership and/or academic excellence (where available).
- Membership of professional bodies.
- The possibility of the study/research plan(PHD candidates only).
- Applicants are required to make a case for their scholarship by submitting a statement of purpose (maximum 500 words) stating the reason(s) they want to undertake the study, the relevance of the proposed study to the oil & gas industry and its expected impact on national development(MSC candidates only)
MSC candidates only:
- Minimum of second class upper( 2.1)first degree qualification or a second class lower(2.2)with a relevant working experience.
- Must have completed the mandatory national youth service (corp).
- Must be a computer literate
- Possession of at least 5 O’level credit including England Language.
PH.D Applicants General Requirements:
- Must have completed the mandatory national youth service.
- Must be a computer literate
- A minimum of a second class lower(2.2) in their first degree and a very good second degree results.
- A research proposal relating to oil and gas industry of not more than five(5) pages must be submitted. The proposal must encompass: introduction, abstract/summary, objectives, methodology and mode of data collection.
- Applicants masters degree projects must be included.
- First Degree certificate or statement of results.
- Nysc discharged certificate
- Ssce/Gce results as well as pin numbers on the application form to enable them (PTDF) view your O’level results on suitable Websites.
- Recent passport photograph
- Local government letter of identification.
- Master’s degree certificate ( for phd candidates only).
- Evidence of membership of professional association.
How to register for ptdf scholarship:
Application forms can be obtained on the scholarship website https://scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng/
An email with instructions on how to login and set your password will be sent to the email address you entered.
You need to register before initiating an application.
Other registration criteria;
- Candidates must have a National Identity Number (NIN) before applying for the scholarship.
- Ongoing PhD Applicants could only apply provided their Universities are among the PTDF Partnership Universities as listed above.
- Candidates who have benefitted from any of the PTDF scholarships in the past cannot apply for the same category of degree, except a higher degree;
- Candidates who are in possession of a higher degree cannot apply for the same type of degree.
- Candidates interested in German Institutions should choose Abuja as their preferred interview location.
- Candidates who are beneficiaries of any other scholarship need not apply;
- Candidates who successfully scale through the first round of screening will be requested to submit their transcripts, all applicants are therefore advised to prepare their transcripts for submission in anticipation of such a request.
The Petroleum Technology Development Tund (ptdf) scholarships is currently ongoing though there’s no speculated closing date yet for the 2023/2024 registration.
Leave a Reply